Delta-8 THC is legal in Kansas, however its attorney general considers the use, possession, and sale of delta-8 products “unlawful,” even if derived from legal hemp. However, a state attorney’s opinion isn’t legally binding and therefore doesn’t make delta-8 officially restricted or prohibited.
Delta-8 products are still sold and distributed all across Missouri, although Liberty is cracking down on laws, forcing stores to take their products off the shelf.
Kansas Delta-8 THC Law
- The use, possession, sale, distribution, purchase, and production of delta-8 is legal in Kansas. However, Kansas’ state attorney general believes it’s an illegal controlled substance.
- You can legally purchase delta-8 products online and through unlicensed CBD dispensaries across the state.
- Other THC isomers such as delta-10, THC-O, and HHC are legal.
- Isomers with more than 0.3% THC are strictly illegal. Some patients can use low-THC CBD oils to treat severe and debilitating illnesses.
- CBD is legal in Kansas but must not carry any quantity of THC.
Is Delta-8 THC legal in Kansas?
Delta-8 THC is currently legal in Kansas under state law. You can use, possess, sell, distribute, promote and produce delta-8 products without fear of penalty or prosecution.
However, on December 2nd, 2021, Kansas State Attorney General Schmidt released a controversial opinion stating delta-8 is illegal unless it’s sourced from legal hemp and carries no more than 0.3% THC.
The term “tetrahydrocannabinols” is interesting here. It doesn’t mean just delta-9; it means delta-9 and all its variants, including delta-8, delta-10, THC-O, and HHC.
In other words, if this opinion turns into law, essentially all delta-8 products become illegal in Kansas since they carry above 0.3% delta-8.
You can read an excerpt from Schmidt’s opinion below:
Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-8 THC) comes within the definition of a Schedule I controlled substance and is unlawful to possess or sell in Kansas unless it is made from industrial hemp and is contained in a lawful hemp product having no more than 0.3% total tetrahydrocannabinols (THC). Unlawful hemp products include cigarettes, cigars, teas, and substances for use in vaping devices. Delta-8 THC derived from any source other than industrial hemp is a Schedule I controlled substance and unlawful to possess or sell in Kansas. Other federal and state laws and regulations place additional limits on the legality of products containing THC and other cannabinoids.Kansas State Attorney General Schmidt
According to a recent Twitter post from Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe, written notices are now being sent to businesses stating they must remove delta-8 products from their stores by March 20, 2022. Failure to comply can lead to criminal penalties.
Legislative history of Delta-8 in Kansas
Kansas legalized all hemp compounds (including delta-8 but excluding delta-9) in May 2018, following Senate Bill 282. However, no hemp product could carry any quantity of delta-9, differing from the federal Farm Bill allowing up to 0.3%.
Since then, Kansas has allowed the use, possession, sale, purchase, and production of delta-8 products, offering residents a chance to experience the effects without consuming illegally derived products.
However, there’s now a question mark over delta-8’s legality, and we’re unsure of how long the state will permit their use going further into 2022.
Delta-8 THC is the new cannabinoid on the hemp market that has gotten the whole industry excited, thanks to its fascinating properties that are quite distinctive from CBD and other compounds that are present in hemp. Delta 8, short for delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol, is similar to delta 9 THC, as it is only one isomer off of Delta 9. As demonstrated by the name “Delta 8”.
Users describe Delta 8 to be quite similar to Delta9, but no major side effects that you would normally get from regular THC. However, people state Delta 8 effects and benefits such as feeling of happiness, uplifted, relaxation, and calming experiences. As Delta 8 is more of a “body effect” than a cerebral relaxation.
Delta 8 is a naturally occurring compound that makes up about 0.1% of hemp’s chemical composition. Only recently, however, have we been able to isolate and concentrate it to create potent delta 8 products such as vape cartridges, gummies, tinctures, dabs and more that you can buy in store and online at stores like GLA Delta 8.
If you are a resident of Liberty, you might be wondering where you can get your hands on this new addition to the hemp market. You may not even be sure as to whether or not delta 8 is legal, which is completely understandable due to how dramatically hemp laws have been changing on a state level in recent years.
Where To Buy Delta 8 In Liberty Missouri?
ONLINE CBD & DELTA 8 THC STORES
Frankly, the best place to buy delta 8 THC in Liberty is either going to be online Delta 8 THC and CBD stores. Online stores like carry the best Delta 8 THC brands, and usually offer the widest selections of high quality delta-8 products, which all come from trusted companies and arrive with lab reports. For example, all of our Delta 8 THC vape cartridges and other products have recent lab results right on our CoA/Lab Test page.
Because Delta 8 THC is legal in Kansas, but having issues in these two counties you can buy Delta 8 vape cartridges, gummies, tinctures and more right online! You don’t need to leave the house in order to buy what you are looking for. We ship directly to your doorstep using discreet packaging.
In fact, we ship Delta 8 THC products to many cities in Kansas, including Wichita, Overland park, Kansas city, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, Salina, Hutchinson, Leavenworth, Leawood, Derby and more daily! Many people buy delta 8 products on our online Delta 8 and Kratom store, and for good reason. The prices are the best online, shipping is quick and easy, and we give great discounts on our delta 8 THC product lines.
You also know you are getting the top Delta 8 brands, and not just the brands that offer the cheapest prices to the seller. The best Delta 8 THC brands can be purchased online. On top of all that, the products are fresh because of how quickly we turn over our inventory, so you won’t be stuck with old outdated products.
Places You Should Avoid Purchasing Delta-8 From
Gas Stations and Convenience Stores
We know that these locations are convenient, but it is unlikely that they’re selling high-quality delta 8. The bottom line is that these types of stores are not screening for quality and are unlikely to care about lab reports. They are looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly, and don’t have the level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta 8 product.
You should definitely avoid buying delta 8 from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with the state, and so companies that are not registered should be avoided at all costs. Don’t buy delta 8 from strangers online, in social media outlets or in obscure areas that do not provide product lab reports.
Types of Delta 8 Products
Now, we can discuss the most popular types of delta 8 products available to Kansas residents. These products allow you to experience the cannabinoid in different ways, and it is important to know what’s out there to build a fully personalized routine, as well as understand different Delta 8 dosages for each unique product type.
- Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape carts are disposable cartridges pre-filled with a formula containing delta-8 distillate paired with terpene strain flavors. They are used with a rechargeable vape pen device and offer fast-acting effects. Delta 8 THC vape carts are anywhere from 500mg in some cases to 1000mg in most, however some vape cartridges have higher amounts, it’s not seen very often. There are 70% Delta 8 vapes, with 700mg in each, while the vapes we carry like our DV8 carts have 92% distillate which is 920mg of Delta 8 in each. Vaping is by far the most popular Delta 8 method. Take 1-3 puffs for a good dose and you’re off to a good start.
- Delta 8 THC Disposable Vapes: Delta 8 disposable vape pens are another option for vaping, being very user-friendly and fully disposable. Included is a pre-charged battery that lasts for as long as it takes to vape all of the delta 8 distillate in the attached cartridge. They come in a number of popular strains and milligram strengths like vape carts with two different types of disposables. There are regular half gram disposables, and full gram delta 8 rechargeable disposables that allow you to recharge the vape.
- Delta 8 THC Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures come in convenient dropper bottles for easy dosing and are for sublingual administration, as they are held below the tongue to absorb through the sublingual tissue. Available in a generous array of milligram strengths and flavors. Delta 8 tinctures strength ranges from 500mg to 5000mg of Delta 8 in each! That is a lot of delta 8.
- Delta 8 THC Gummies & Edibles: Delta 8 edibles offer effects for up to 10 hours due to the nature of digestion, and come in various flavors, with gummy candies being the most popular option on the market. They come in a wide range of milligram strengths as well and are easy to dose. However, be careful because Delta 8 gummies take 1-2 hours to kick in, and they do hit hard. Delta 8 THC usually have 10mg, 25mg, or 50mg per gummy. Some Delta 8 gummies are sprayed, while others are infused. We suggest buying infused gummies for a more even distribution.
- Delta 8 THC Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are wax concentrates with high delta 8 THC potency levels, which may not be suitable for beginners. They are smoked a vaporized and come in various forms. Delta 8 THC dabs usually have 1000mg of Delta 8 in each as a 1 gram container.
- Delta 8 THC CBD Flower: Delta 8 flower takes the raw hemp flower buds and spray them with a pure delta 8 concentrate. Flower comes in a huge variety of strains, and you can either smoke or vape the flower. Loose buds and pre-rolls are available on the market.
Why Should I Buy Delta 8 Online?
Now that you’re aware of the various forms in which you can purchase your delta 8, let’s discuss the best places from which you can buy delta 8 products online
Delta 8 loses its potency as it sits on a shelf, which is why freshness is important. Online retailers have a higher product turnover rate due to wider customer bases, thus increasing the likelihood of getting a fresh product. Buying online means the product you are getting is likely a higher quality product, with newer batches usually being more potent and just overall a better product experience.
Larger Delta-8 THC Variety
Ultimately, buying delta 8 online lets you in on a wider selection of products, while physical stores tend to only have a small number of products on their shelves, as they do not specialize solely in hemp goods.
Better Delta 8 THC Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers usually offer special promotions throughout the year to lure in new customers, and to help inventory move faster. Therefore, buying online can give you access to some really great deals.
Better Prices on Delta-8
Delta 8 that is sold online is typically more affordably priced, because online retailers aren’t stuck with the very high overhead costs that come with operating a physical business location. As well, buying bulk allows Delta 8 online shops in Kansas to give much cheaper prices to their customers. Product value is better when you buy online.
Higher Standards of Delta-8 Brands
Online retailers tend to have wider and usually larger customer bases who demand only the best-quality products, while demand in your area may be low, with less informed customers. This is why products sold online tend to be higher in quality overall.
Purchasing Delta 8 In Bulk Quantities
If you want to buy in bulk and bundle Delta 8, it’s easier to find deals online. This is because online retailers hold more inventory, sell products faster, and have lower expenses overall. Delta 8 online stores usually offer discounts for buying in high volume. Such as our Delta 8 vape bundles that come in a variety of sizes for discounts.
If You’re Willing To Travel A Short Distance
We’re not a huge warehouse like some online companies, we have an actual home store for our local customers! Come meet our crew and get the SAME discounts, and an even bigger variety of Delta-8 products in store, we love meeting our loyal customers.
We’re located in Blue Springs, Missouri. Not too far off from Liberty for some quality delta 8, is it?