There are thousands of individuals who are consistently learning about the way Kratom can help them or their friends and family, but they have questions about the best way to use their kratom powder.
We here at GLAKratom realize you can’t just always Toss and Wash your Kratom (See #1). Some people cannot stand the flavor of kratom and find this to be an unpleasant way to start your day, so we’ve done our best to research ways to cover up that taste.
In this article, we are going to give you some helpful ideas how to incorporate Kratom into your daily routine, while keeping it at an effective dose.
What’s and Who’s About Kratom
First off though, we want to give a small description of Kratom for the new users.
Mitragyna Speciosa (Usually referred to as Kratom) is a natural, tropical evergreen tree that’s related to the coffee family originating from Southeast Asia. This leaf has been used since at least the nineteenth century, being mixed in traditional medicines and taken alone. The Kratom tree thrives in a hot and humid climate, which explains why their are certain regions (JongKong and Ketapang to be specific) where harvested Kratom turns out to be some of the strongest in Indonesia.
The Kratom tree is harvested by picking the leaves, drying the kratom and then turning it into the powder we all know and love, achieving a specific vein color in the process. Everyone generally has a favorite strain color, some of them blends, and some of them just the original leaf. Even new, you will start to prefer a specific color.
How To Use Kratom Powder and Kratom Recipes
When you make your purchase through GLAKratom, you’ll realize it comes in an air sealed bag and in powder form.
In this form, you can take Kratom in many different variations, so here’s just a few!
#1 – Toss and Wash
Tossing and Washing is one of the more popular ways to consume Kratom.
This is the method that can be the hardest on some people, as you get hit with the dry powder and the full flavor at once.
You take your desired dose, toss it into the back of your throat, and quickly wash it down with a drink of your choice.
The Toss and Wash method is a fantastic way to get your dose efficiently and effectively, as fast as possible.
Tip: There is an edible film you can purchase on Amazon for easy consumption (Oblate Discs). This helps to mask the taste of the Kratom powder, making it more pleasant.
#2 Kratom Tea’s and Mixing With Your Favorite Drinks
One of the more easier ways to consume Kratom and my personal favorite method is by mixing the powder into your favorite beverages.
Here’s just a couple of ways to make your own Kratom tea;
- Bring your water to a boil in a small pot or kettle.
- Add your desired dose of kratom, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for up to 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, freshly squeezed or any citrus fruit.
- Add honey, and continue to simmer for up to 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain into your teacup, and enjoy a nice cup of kratom tea!
A paste-like extract can also be prepared by a lengthy boiling of fresh or dried leaves. This can be stored for later use. Small pellets of this extract (which is also sold as such in various shops) can be swallowed, or it can be dissolved in hot water and consumed as a tea. Some people like to mix kratom tea with ordinary black tea, or other herbal teas, before it is consumed. This is done to make it more palatable. Sugar or honey can be added to sweeten it.
There are many other drinks you can add Kratom to, to mask the flavor, some of the more popular ones include;
A Chocolate Kratom Milkshake
Chocolate, with how sweet it is, perfectly masks the bitter taste of kratom, the milk also helps the tannins in the herb to neutralize the bitterness even further. Not just this, but kratom is fat-soluble, so the higher fat content of your milk makes the kratom more easily absorb into your body.
- 1 cup of full cream milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate milk powder
- ? teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Your preferred dosage of kratom powder.
Combine all ingredients in a blender with ice and serve. You can add a scoop of ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Iced Kratom Coffee
With kratom powder, different blends/strains give off different effects. There’s strains that help with pain and calm a user, or theirs the other end of the spectrum where strains provide energy and motivation. Since coffee contains caffeine, we recommend you use a more mellow strain to prevent any jitters. You can also just replace your cup of coffee with Kratom, if you feel that suits you.
- Cup of preferred brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of half and half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla simple syrup
- Your daily dose of kratom powder (I prefer our Red Dragon in coffee)
- Mix the kratom into your brewed coffee.
- Add simple syrup along with half and half
- Serve over ice.
*To make simple vanilla syrup, bring 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil on medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, proceed to remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
#3 Creating an Extract out of Kratom
Another proven method is making a liquid tea-like extract. The following is a basic recipe found on the internet:
- Take 50 grams of dried, crushed kratom leaves and put into a pot. Add 1 liter of water.
- Boil gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid. (squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get most of the liquid out).
- Put the leaves back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3. (after the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded.)
- Put the combined liquid from both boilings back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 100 ml.
#4 Creating Dishes out of Kratom
A lot of people are finding it’s easy to add kratom to your favorite dishes, this hides the flavor of kratom while giving you a good meal to enjoy, along with getting that dose you were looking for.
Kratom may have a strong flavor, making it tough to mix into a few dishes, but here’s a few decent recipes we’ve stumbled upon.
Overnight No-cook Kratom Oatmeal
With this recipe, you’ll have the perfect breakfast for being on the god. Adding the chia seeds makes this a fiber-rich meal full of omega-3 and protein. The beauty of this recipe is that you can customize the flavors and toppings to suit your needs. You can have a fruit-filled morning with a blend of berries or strawberry and banana. For a more rich breakfast, add a dash of peanut butter or some chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Your preferred amount of kratom powder (I like to use White Maeng Da, as it’s the perfect kratom powder to wake you up in the morning).
- In a glass bowl or jar, add your ingredients, stir until mixed.
- Cover, refrigerate overnight (at least 2 hours).
- Come morning time, uncover and enjoy. If you’d rather have warm oats, microwave the jar without it’s lid for a minute or until our desired temperature is reached.
Kratom Marinara Sauce
You don’t have to hide your kratom powder in only sweet foods, there’s some savory dishes you can enjoy your kratom in, including marinara sauce. Marinara sauce is quite a versatile sauce that can be used on pasta, pizza, or Italian dishes such as eggplant parmigiana.
To minimize possible damage to to any of our kratom alkaloids, we recommend adding the kratom powder near the end of cooking your sauce.
- 1 Can (28oz) of whole peeled tomatoes (San Marzano certified is the best)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh Basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 of your daily doses of kratom
- In a heavy saucepan, heat your oil, then add your onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add oregano, and red pepper, continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the rest of your ingredients (Tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper).
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for at least 45 minutes, occasionally stirring and crushing the whole tomatoes.
- Remove from heat, leave to cool for 10 minutes, continue crushing the tomatoes until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste, and add your kratom
Here’s a quick and easy recipe presented by a nice reddit user.
Reddit User nicolio8699: 1/2 c vanilla yogurt (I used light & fit, but Greek would most likely be better because of its thicker consistency)
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 TBSP of powdered red bali
Adding kratom into your favorite recipes can be a wonderful way to take out that unpleasant and bitter flavor of kratom, allowing you to reap the benefits of this fantastic and natural herb. Kratom users should keep in mind, mixing kratom in with your food or beverages may delay the onset of effects kratom provides. Make sure to wait up to 15-20 minutes extra to feel the full impact of your kratom dosage.
Send us your information on meals and drinks you use Kratom in, and we might post about it in the future!